Elite 5600 / KX5600 ultrasound machine
The KX5600 is the latest improvement on a succession of highly successful portable ultrasound units from Kai Xin. Established in 1997, this company has earned a reputation for high quality ultrasound equipment with impeccable reliability, service and support. Few other companies worldwide hold a reputation that can compare with Kai Xin’s, supported by their distributors, whom they pick discerningly.
When you buy one of these machines, you have the reassurance of a team of dedicated professionals behind you. When you buy from us in particular, you are supported by professional sonographers with a combined scanning experience of over 25 years in the UK National Health Service (echocardiography, obstetric and gynaecology), a combined 15 years of veterinary scanning and teaching, as well as a team of service engineers and Kai Xin’s world-leading research and development staff. We are here to help and are always only a phone call or email away.
Frequently asked questions
What probe should I pick?
A convex probe is included as standard with this ultrasound machine. It has a wide footprint size (the area that makes contact with the skin), and its frequency range is 2MHz up to 5MHz. Larger footprints allow you to see more of the animal at once. Lower frequencies give better penetration, so are more suited to scanning larger animals such as giant breed dogs, goats, and sheep.
Microconvex probes are more expensive, but give higher quality images on small animals. This is because they scan at higher ultrasound frequencies. A microconvex probe will be suitable for all sizes of dog, because modern ultrasound machines like this one allow you to adjust your frequency. This means that you can reduce your scanning frequency on the microconvex probe down to 5MHz, which is within the same range as the convex probe. The footprint size of the microconvex probe is smaller, making it more manoeuverable, but with a slightly smaller field of view.
If you can afford the extra and are scanning dogs, it is definitely worth picking the microconvex option.
How soon will I receive my order?
Your new scanner will arrive within 3 working days to mainland UK addresses – usually sooner. For your peace of mind (and our own!), our deliveries are sent by a fully insured courier service.
What is your returns policy?
If you are not completely delighted with your new machine, you can send it right back to us within 30 days. We will refund you in full, minus our delivery and transaction fees. If you decide a few months down the line that you wish you’d purchased something else, get in touch – we can trade your machine back in and swap you for something else. Our job is to match you with the perfect ultrasound machine for you, and we aren’t satisfied until you are.
Do you offer any support in using this machine?
Yes! That is the main reason why our customers choose us. You can catch us by telephone or email, and we have our website chat staffed from 2.30pm – 9pm Monday-Friday. If your question cannot be answered right away, we will book you in for a free call with a sonographer, who can talk you through the controls on your machine or make you a video. If you would like to attend a full ultrasound training course, we can arrange that, too. Just ask.
The standard configuration of this machine is as follows:
- KX5600 Ultrasound Unit
- 3.5MHz Convex Transducer (80 elements)
- Two probe sockets
- Power adaptor
- 2 year warranty
Please note that a battery is NOT included as standard with this portable ultrasound machine. Many beginners believe this to be a necessity, but you will soon find that it is generally defunct, as all premises have their own power supply. Even in the farm environment, a generator will invariably be available.
Please contact us with any questions about this hand-carried ultrasound machine. We are happy to help.
More about the KX5600 ultrasound scanner:
– High resolution 64 channel multifrequency transducer, made with superior quality matching and backing layers for minimum beam width (higher resolution on all planes) and maximum noise reduction for a high signal-to-noise ratio.
– 10.4″ high resolution colour LED backlit display, for a stunning high-contrast making obtaining diagnostic images easier than ever.
– Backlit keyboard for use in dark rooms.
– Adjustable screen brightness.
– Weight: 4.5kg
– Dimensions: 256x150x326mm
– Adjustable depth, up to 236mm (also dependent upon choice of transducer). This is important because some structures may be close to the skin surface, but others a lot deeper.
– Gain 0-127dB.
– Contrast 27-90dB.
– Grey Scale: 256. The wide range of grey scale and contrast settings allows you to have a high contrast image or a large range of greys, depending on your preference and the application. For abdominal scanning, for example, it is often advantageous to use a wide range of greys in order to discern subtle differences in texture. In echocardiography, a higher contrast image is often desirable. In early pregnancy detection in canine or feline patients, high contrast can allow the quick and easy identification of small pregnancy sacs, whereas a wider range of greys in later pregnancy gives a much more rich and detailed image.
– 8 TGC levels, for optimising your gain settings to perfection. Useful when scanning fluid-filled structures (to cancel out acoustic enhancement distal to the fluid), such as when looking below the bladder in pregnancy scanning or when scanning cysts and other masses.
– Frame rate: 30fps, avoiding a laggy, delayed image. Particularly important when imaging moving fast-moving subjects such as foetesus and the heart.
– B, 2B, 4B, B/M, M-mode. M-Mode is still very popular in veterinary medicine for echocardiography, and in human medicine for specific applications such as looking at the foetal heart or the collapse of the adult inferior vena cava on inspiration.
– 8 pseudo colour options. In some instances, the human eye can pick out certain details better in colour. This can be useful, for example, in early pregnancy detection in dogs or for better endocardial definition in basic heart scanning.
– 256 frame Cine loop, with roller ball to be able to scroll back through the clip after freezing the image.
– Image storage: extra large 4GB hard disk for permanent storage of ~5000 images.
– Needle guide function with adjustable on-screen guide lines, perfect for performing biopsies.
– Measurement package includes all standard measurements including distance, area, volume and perimeter.
– Calculation packages for basic cardiac (suitable for cardiac screening only – not for quantifying complex pathology), gynaecology, obstetric (gestational age estimation, amniotic fluid measurement, crown-rump length), urology (residual urine volume, prostate volume).