New to 2024, this course is designed for anybody with an interest in echocardiography. Combining the latest techniques from the medical educational research field, you will receive 4 weeks worth of online teaching videos and exercises. By the time you attend your practical session, you will already be confident in operating an ultrasound machine and recognising your key views, so that you can hit the ground running and make the most of your scanning time.
Practical sessions are held every quarter in Bromley, Southeast London. If you cannot make the upcoming session but still wish to enrol, you can still do so (your ticket for the hands-on session is valid for two years).
What you will receive
- Mentoring from two echocardiographers (each with over 10 years of ultrasound teaching experience)
- Professionally filmed video content on obtaining your key views
- Interactive quizzes, using the latest techniques in medical education research
- Membership of a private, invite-only Facebook community, where you can share anonymised studies and get a second opinion any time you need it
- Attendance at one in-person scanning day, where you will do nothing but scan. No lectures; just hands on, small group sessions all day. We run 3-4 sessions per year and you can attend any one of these within 2 years of signing up. You can attend additional hands-on days (if there is availability for the session you would like) for a nominal fee.
This is a programme, not a course. It is designed to get you confident with the most important views in echo, as quickly as possible. As a result, there are no long cardiology lectures, books or reading materials: there are year long training courses and Masters programmes you can attend for that. Please get in touch if you’d like advice on where you can receive formal training within a hospital setting.
Upcoming practical days
12th September 2024 in Bromley
19th December 2024 in Bromley
16th January 2025 in Bromley
Who can apply
You should apply if:
- You are considering a career or undertaking formal training in echocardiography
- You are a doctor, nurse or healthcare worker who would like to begin using cardiac ultrasound
- You need a refresher or extra help with the subject