About the KX5600 ultrasound scanner:
– High resolution 64 channel multifrequency transducer, made with superior quality matching and backing layers for minimum beam width (higher resolution on all planes) and maximum noise reduction for a high signal-to-noise ratio.
– 10.4″ high resolution colour LED backlit display, for a stunning high-contrast making obtaining diagnostic images easier than ever.
– Backlit keyboard for use in dark rooms.
– Adjustable screen brightness.
– Weight: 4.5kg
– Dimensions: 256x150x326mm
– Adjustable depth, up to 236mm (also dependent upon choice of transducer). This is important because some structures may be close to the skin surface, but others a lot deeper.
– Gain 0-127dB.
– Contrast 27-90dB.
– Grey Scale: 256. The wide range of grey scale and contrast settings allows you to have a high contrast image or a large range of greys, depending on your preference and the application. For abdominal scanning, for example, it is often advantageous to use a wide range of greys in order to discern subtle differences in texture. In echocardiography, a higher contrast image is often desirable. In early pregnancy detection in canine or feline patients, high contrast can allow the quick and easy identification of small pregnancy sacs, whereas a wider range of greys in later pregnancy gives a much more rich and detailed image.
– 8 TGC levels, for optimising your gain settings to perfection. Useful when scanning fluid-filled structures (to cancel out acoustic enhancement distal to the fluid), such as when looking below the bladder in pregnancy scanning or when scanning cysts and other masses.
– Frame rate: 30fps, avoiding a laggy, delayed image. Particularly important when imaging moving fast-moving subjects such as foetesus and the heart.
– B, 2B, 4B, B/M, M-mode. M-Mode is still very popular in veterinary medicine for echocardiography, and in human medicine for specific applications such as looking at the foetal heart or the collapse of the adult inferior vena cava on inspiration.
– 8 pseudo colour options. In some instances, the human eye can pick out certain details better in colour. This can be useful, for example, in early pregnancy detection in dogs or for better endocardial definition in basic heart scanning.
– 256 frame Cine loop, with roller ball to be able to scroll back through the clip after freezing the image.
– Image storage: extra large 4GB hard disk for permanent storage of ~5000 images.
– Needle guide function with adjustable on-screen guide lines, perfect for performing biopsies.
– Measurement package includes all standard measurements including distance, area, volume and perimeter.
– Calculation packages for basic cardiac (suitable for cardiac screening only – not for quantifying complex pathology), gynaecology, obstetric (gestational age estimation, amniotic fluid measurement, crown-rump length), urology (residual urine volume, prostate volume).
- KX5600 Ultrasound Unit
- 3.5MHz Convex Transducer
- Two probe sockets
- Power adaptor
- Li Battery
- 6.5MHz microconvex probe
- 7.5MHz linear probe
- 7.5MHz linear rectal probe
Please note that a battery is NOT included as standard with this portable ultrasound machine. Many beginners believe this to be a necessity, but you will soon find that it is generally defunct, as all premises have their own power supply. Even in the farm environment, a generator will invariably be available.
Please contact us with any questions about this hand-carried ultrasound machine. We are happy to help.